www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Disable Print

Disable Print

I would like to make some pages of a website I am creating unprintable. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I'm not a guru so i'm not sure but just a thought, even if you could do this...what's to stop them from highlighting ur page and copying it over and then printing it? (or save target as your photo's and print them individually?)

If you do find a way to make them nonprintable, turn all your javascripts into external ones and put all your html work into a javascript so they can't view your sourcecode. just to make it harder on them

Originally posted by Sux0rZh@jc0rz
    ...and put all your html work into a javascript so they can't view your sourcecode.
    With this method, your site will no longer work for the 13% of users who turn JavaScript off, and will certainly not be accessable. What you can do, however, is possible to send print stylesheets to the browser using the <link> tag:

<link rel="stylesheet" media="print" href="print_styles.css" type="text/css">

So, in the print stylesheet, you could set everthing to display:none;

You might also be interested in http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...printstyle.htm

Thanks so much for your help. I will try your suggestion and let you know how it goes!

Ok, hope it works for you...

Thanks so much!

Thanks again for your suggestion. It did work! I also found a script on Dynamic Drive for disabling right clicking. I know this won't keep everyone from copying my work, but it will help!

Re: Thanks so much!

Originally posted by Mrs Pod
    but it will help!
    No, not really... For the most part, all no rightclick scripts do is annoy the visitor.

Re: Re: Thanks so much!

Originally posted by pyro
    For the most part, all no rightclick scripts do is annoy the visitor.
    And tempt me to steal the code, just because I know they were trying to hide it. lol

Thread Information