www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Font Color

Font Color

I am trying to print information from a web page that has white font on a gray background. The laser printer does just that so consequently I can't read the white font on the white paper. Colored paper is not an option cuz the printer only prints black and shades of gray. Copying the text and pasting onto a word document then changing the font color is not an option cuz there are too many users on this pc to train them all how to do this plus the fact that the pc is used for other programs also and it would be a huge pain to do that every time. The tech support for the web site says I am crazy! "A printer will Automatically change the font to black or gray and print properly." I have encountered this problem before and never been able to overcome it. Help please!
    Chris Wood

Hmmm.... Must be too difficult or impossible.

Use CSS print style sheets, unless you are talking about images alone.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, my problem is with other peoples websites, not my own. The sight is a parts manufacturer that has their website set up with white font. We have to print the parts list to order their parts for repairs. Since we are a franchise we have to use their parts, otherwise I'd go somewhere else. I can't believe we are the only ones that have the problem, but maybe so. Thanks again, Chris

Check your Brower Settings

I believe how your printer prints a webpage is determined by your browser settings. I have I.E. 6, which I have UNCHECKED the "print background colours" box. You can find that under Tools>Internet Options>Advanced scroll down to Printing. So my laser printer prints the white fonts in a dark grey color or black. Hope this helps.

Thank You! I'll give it a try when I get back t work on monday. Will post the result. Thanks again, Chris.

Thread Information