www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: pop up window or alert boxes

pop up window or alert boxes

I would like to display an alert box / pop up box for a particular time only. If alert box is not checked for a long time, I would like the page to be redirected to some other page. For example, display the alert box for 5 minutes, if the user isnt clicking ok on the alert box, after five minutes, the page will be redirected to another page..

SRB

only possible with a pop up window. when you call an alert box, all javascript processing halts until that box is acknowledged.

with a popup window, the window loads, and the script continues. then you can have hooks in your code that will call back to see if a certain response has been received in X amount of time. if not, redirect to another page.

1. If you reply to my post, and your reply would then appear directly beneath my post, DON'T QUOTE MY ENTIRE POST!!! IT'S REDUNTANT!!! IT'S ASININE!!!! IT'S REDUNDANTLY ASININE!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!
    2. jQuery extends the functionality of JavaScript. If you don't know JavaScript, give up on that jQuery script and learn JavaScript. You'll save yourself a lot of frustration, I promise.
    3. Use the [code][/code] tags. Otherwise, you may be left wondering why no one responded to your eyesore of a thread.

Thread Information