Thread: Trouble with Embed code in HTML

Question Trouble with Embed code in HTML

Hello All,
    New to HTML and web designing. Would appreciate any help and directions from the team for my personal web site that I am working on. I am using the following code (to present the DV video converted through Handbrake) on my web site:
    <table border='0' cellpadding='0' align="center">
    <OBJECT classid='clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B' width="320" height="255" codebase='http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab'>
    <param name='src' value="media/demoreel.mp4"></param>
    <param name='autoplay' value="false"></param>
    <param name='controller' value="true"></param>
    <param name='loop' value="false"></param>
    <EMBED src="media/demoreel.mp4" width="320" height="255" autoplay="false" controller="true" loop="false" pluginspage='http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/'>
    <td style="width: 350px; padding-top: 10px"> <p style="font-size: 15;" align="center"><strong>Demo Reel</strong></p></td>

Here is the problem that I am trying to resolve:
    1. When the page loads up, it displays a white text box - Press Spacebar or Enter to activate and use this control. Is there a way to disable this popup from occurring
    2. My video file is pretty huge. While the video is being downloaded, is there a way I can display an icon that displays the % od download. I have seen such icons for mostof my downloads.

Thanks in advance for your help,

As to #1, you might try this.

""Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Thread Information