Thread: saving my html pages or other files

saving my html pages or other files

when I go to my html folder that I have all my whatever.html files saved in and open one...then right click and go to view source...then change some things and go to save it I get this error:
    "cannot create file...blah blah, make sure that the path and file name are correct"
    which is weird since I just opened the file from the correct path and I am just doing a save...not a save as...this is on a very new Vista machine that has no other problems. Any idea why I would get this?

Bathurst, NSW, Australia
    From what I know when you view source it actually opens a text file that is in the %TEMP% directory. Try doing a Save As and navigating to the location of the file and replace it.

good thought...I see what your mean and that does make sense...I will try experimenting with the file and see if it saves correctly...weird though becuase I never have this problem on anything but my vista machine.

Manchester, UK
    Sounds more like the file is read only. That exact same error is displayed when try to save a read only file on Windows XP.
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

Thread Information