dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: opinions appreciated

opinions appreciated

http://www.foremostgroups.com/dev/2007corporate/

I'm pretty happy with the design, but I'd definately appreciate your opinions.

What I'm really wondering about is the layout/size of the site (the entire site is fixed position), how it looks in different browsers and on different OS's, and if all the page elements line up correctly.

I'm testing it on a PC with Firefox and IE7, and on a Mac using IE. My Mac keeps crashing when I try to install firefox and safari, so I haven't seen how it looks in these browsers.

The top links (Kitchen & Bath, Indoor, Outdoor, and OEM) aren't working yet. And in Manufacturing, only 'FLB' is functioning - for the most part. The 'change language' and 'search' doesn't work either. Everything else should be working.

Please let me know what you think.
    Thanks guys!

...also concerned about load time.

i think that some pages (especially the home page) may load a little slowly.

i also know that a few of the images on the home page are poor quality. I'm working on getting better ones.

The overall design seems nicely laid out, and navigation clear. I wonder if you need I stronger effect on the mouseover of the script text on the front page.
    Some of the pages have very dense blocks of text on them that I doubt anyone will read. I would try to break it up (more white space between the lines and spread over more pages).

Load time seems ok (I'm on a 12 Mb broadband mind), and looks ok in FireFox.

Thanks for the feedback, zingmatter.

I agree with you on the text. Maybe I'll try to shorten it or break some of it up. I'm trying to keep the mouseover subtle, but I'll definitely consider making it a little stronger.

Are you on Mac or PC? I'm really concerned with how it looks on both platforms, and with different resolutions/monitor sizes.

I'm on a PC (all looks fine in FireFox), though my screen is a bit bright and pale, so your mouse over effect might be stronger than I think, it you see what I mean.

i'm using Firefox on a Mac. Layout looks fine to me and the design looks nice but it doesn't really stand out graphic wise. Nothing really "popped" out to me and grabbed my attention. Maybe the pictures shouldn't be so muted and toned down.

Also, on the Kitchen and Bath for example, the change language and search bar shifts to the left and ends up cutting under the foremost logo.

Hope I helped.

Thanks Alverya,

I haven't gotten to the K&B, or the Indoor/Outdoor/OEM sections yet, but I'll be working on them soon.

Nothing really "popped" out to me and grabbed my attention.
    I completely agree with you. I need something that catches the eye a little more... something that will 'wow' the audience. I don't really know what to do though.

Any suggestions guys?

maybe the pictures of the rooms in the middle row can be sharper, as in the colours. like the cabinets can be redder and stuff. dont' mute it down. i think with the original pictures, with the colours richer, it will pop out more.

I like the suggestion... maybe I'll try to brighten it up a little.

Thanks again.

I think the rollover on the top-links is just about ok, it's suitable, but not too bad; on the homepage, the displacement of the rollover image doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the site (unless that's a bug!?)

the displacement of the rollover image doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the site (unless that's a bug!?)
    hahaha. does it really look like it's a bug?
    that's not really what I was going for.

does anyone else have any input on page size and load time?

I'm using Firefox and a 1152x864 screen resolution and this is what I see when I click the Kitchen and Baths link.

edit - looks like you already know this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks SKeefe... i haven't got to the K&B (or the Indoor, Outdoor, OEM) site yet.

I'm messing around with the layout right now, so the site may not be formatted correctly when you look at it.

I think that I'm going to re-post for new opinions when I get everything fixed up, use new graphics, and get the Kitchen & Bath section working.

Thanks a lot for the input guys!

I'll probably be asking for opinions again in a few weeks - if you dont mind.

Thanks again, my best.

Thread Information