www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Stats on Newsletters

Stats on Newsletters

Hi all,

I have trawled the net for days trying to find some hard stats on E-Newsletters... Specifically, internal newsletters.

Surveys on readers, people signed up, how many exist (tonnes i imagine)

Any sort of stats will do...

Can anyone suggest another forum that I could post this thread...ie: writers etc???

Can anyone help out???

Regards'
    Alf...

I have found a few leads using the term: Email Marketing...

Although, this focuses on the use of newsletters for marketing purposes.

This is a good start though, but I am more looking for stats on internal newsletters.

Cheers
    Alf

and also the term: "Opt in email newsletter"

By "internal", I assume you mean within an organization? I am sure the stats would be dependent upon the size of the company, the focus of the newsletter, etc. Most companies would have no reason to release that info.
    Lee

""Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."" -- Sir Winston Churchill

It would be interesting to know how and why e-newsletters are used and how successful the ROI is for Government organisations.

There seems to be stats available on the implementation and use of "Intranets". Obviously the Intranet is a more used tool, but the newsletter can contribute to the companies internal goals. Both of these tools are internal communication tools.

There is a lot of writing that says internal e-newsletters are popular (obviously they are.). There is also a lot of advice on what to include . There doesn't appear to be established stats to verify this...or investigate what types of topics are popular in an organisational internal newsletter.

For some companies a newsletter is an investment in time and staff, I require stats to qualify this investment.

A lot of this stuff would be organisation and newsletter specific, but I thought/hoped a study might have been completed.

Thread Information