Hi
I am C prgrammer and now badly stuck wid my new found luv- java!
I am working on RMI, where I have a simple client program, sending Hi, Hellos to my server program. Then I created a new class in my rmi client side and tried to send it through the interface to the server. Server gave unmarshelling errors.. which i guess is bcoz it doesnt know about the classes in client side. I follwed similar threads here, and could make out that i must specify a codebase visible to the server where it can see the client files..
I created a policy file in the server as this-
grant codeBase "file:/E:/work/java/"{
permission java.security.AllPermission;
permission java.net.SocketPermssion "*","accept,connect,resolve";
};
My client fils are in E:/work/java ...
I am getting errors in server side--
Exception in thread "RMI TCP Connection(1)-127.0.0.1" java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 127.0.0.1:2014 accept,resolve)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:264)

and client says--
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return header; nested exception is:
java.io.EOFException
at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:203)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:343)
at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
at rmi.client.RmiClient.main(RmiClient.java:33)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException

i know I have done a blunder there.. I also followed from prev threads that I have to specify the codebase as a URL, but again I dont know how to make my client files accessilbe through http ? my files are in say E:/work/java/client directory.... how to access this through URL?
also i tried this on linux where my files are in root/client/ ..
Can you java Gurus help me in solving this, in both the windows and linux versions..
Your help is gr8ly anticipated
thankssss