dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: XML for-each doesn't seem to work on IE 5.5

XML for-each doesn't seem to work on IE 5.5

I have an example from a NetG XML course that uses the for-each transform. The example works fine on NS 7, but it won't show any of the data on IE 5.5. I have tried to look through the Microsoft XML, but I haven't found anything that would help me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It works fine in IE6 and Mozilla 1.4. Maybe the syntax used in the example isn't supported in IE 5.5. It looked a little strange to me... For example, why do you have a "./" in front of the element names? I don't believe those are required... I have IE6 on all my computers, so I can't test anything, sorry .
    The Web Standards Project Build accessible standard compliant websites, please!
    Browse Happy Don't forget to support the browsers with standard compliance

Originally posted by Exuro
    It works fine in IE6 and Mozilla 1.4.
    Thank for the sanity check
    Maybe the syntax used in the example isn't supported in IE 5.5. It looked a little strange to me... For example, why do you have a "./" in front of the element names? I don't believe those are required.
    Like I said, it was an example from a tutorial. AFAIK, the current object in the template is "/books/book/", so the "./" moves the reference root back to "book" so it can find the next child element.

Problem possibly can be because of the IE interprets the DOM elements

in NS every elements has an text node ,where as I think I E does not see that,hence causing some problem in referencing the rot elements of the current element.

I'll take a look at your example source some time morrow and let you know if I can make some sense out of it..
    Cheers

Khalid

Message Posting Guidelines In These Forums, Please read these before posting any question.
    Web site: webapplikations.com
    Web Resources Page:Web Resources

Thread Information