www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Image not appearing in HTML page

Wink Image not appearing in HTML page

I am in the process of updating a web site that has been developed by someone else. I am trying to add images to an existing page. Anything that I try does not seem to allow the image to appear....but using any existing image already supplied does work in the same location.

Looking at the image as it is shown on the page....shows that the image file is known but that the URL address for the file is not populated.

Any help would be appreciated.....I have included some screen shots and the page I am trying to update with a new image....

Thanks
    Scott
    Attached Files Attached Files

Why does your image path show "My Documents?" Shouldn't the path be that of your web server?

KDLA
    FYI
    * My screen resolution is set at 1680x1050
    * I'm accessing your site through a T1 line
    * I'm probably viewing it using Firefox (unless browser is specified)

I am developing the updates locally on my laptop before uploading them to the web site....this explains the C:\mydocuments...

I had expected to be able to update images in my editor and then render the page in a browser to see the changes that have been made....

Is that not possible ?

Note I am currently only using IE as the browser in which I test the image changes....

Your image paths on your server must mirror the paths locally if you expect to view them locally, upload the files and images and then view online. If you would set up your directories for your site on your pc the same as you use on your server then you will not have to be making a lot of path changes. Would recommend relative paths be used unless you expect your page to be saved by others where full paths will be needed to properly view your pages and images.

Ron

All existing images work with the relative paths...even if there are many sub directories to where the *.html files are. I tried including new images at a C:\ level only and still the same problem resulted...

Do you have an URL where we can see your page online? The txt and doc files do nothing since there were no images included.

Ron

Thread Information