www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: The Div with a tag of its own. By: Xisle

The Div with a tag of its own. By: Xisle

EDIT: Nevermind I fixed it! Now I can dance!!
    Last edited by Xisle; 09-11-2007 at 06:57 PM.

But the rest of can't. It would have been nice to know the problem and its solution. Sharing is what this forum is about.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo
    But the rest of can't. It would have been nice to know the problem and its solution. Sharing is what this forum is about.
    Well, it wouldn't help much. I was missing a semicolon. Anyone who has the same problem as me probably knows as much as I know about CSS(which isn't much), but it means they probably know they need semicolons.

The problem... was a transparent <div> tag. All the rest were fine, but no matter what I did to this one... it stayed transparent. Until I added that semicolon.

I kind of just wanted this thread to die so you guys wouldn't get mad at me for making it.

Ah.

Why would we be mad? All programmers make silly little mistakes once in a while.

For X/HTML and CSS the validators are very helpful:
    http://validator.w3.org/
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
    Learn CSS. | SSI | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Dynamic Site Solutions

Design/program for Firefox (and/or Opera), apply fixes for IE, not the other way around.

Check out my blog.

Spelling is half of HMLT. If you spel poorly, -you cdoe porlee. And no, -it is good to point out the trouble and the resolution. -Let everyone know that it can happen to anyone. A missing backslash here, an omitted semi-colon there... it busts the page. I have been yelled at by newbs when they scream that some color isn't showing up on any browser except IE... and it can be something like "#f2f2f" is the color they have stated. -That's just 5-digits. You need six. Or, -forgetting the "#"... works in IE but not in any other browsers... and etc.
    Last edited by WebJoel; 09-12-2007 at 07:05 PM.
    I build for: Firefox and tweak for IE

Thread Information