www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Problem with Google

Problem with Google

Ive got a problem with google showing a site description with information that hasn't been used in probably 3-4 years. I know it's only a problem with google because I used the same search strings with different search engines. I need to get this info purged immediately....any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by whskygrl
    Ive got a problem with google showing a site description with information that hasn't been used in probably 3-4 years. I know it's only a problem with google because I used the same search strings with different search engines. I need to get this info purged immediately....any ideas?
    I'm not sure this is possible to do directly. The information you're referring to is cached on Google's servers, so until your site gets re-cached then I believe you're stuck.

Here's some tips to get more loving from Google:

http://www.highrankings.com/forum/in...opic=31879&hl=
    "...art can lead you to God...if it's not doing that, it's leading you the other way. It's certainly not leading you nowhere."
    Bob Dylan

found a solution to the problem

The problem isn't in the cache-ing. The site's already been re-cached since the problem was discovered. Come to find out that it apparently has to deal with a meta tag that does not allow site descriptions to be cached.

Use the meta description
    Create the sitemaps.
    Submit it for validation.

Thread Information