www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Opening Video in an External browser

Opening Video in an External browser

I ran into a problem with IE7 defaulting to not playing video unless it is opened in an "external media player." How would I accomplish this? I do not quite understand what MS means. Do I need to use Quick Time or some other player?

Thanks All

may be in order to watch streameing videos u should instal the ActiveX plugin for IE......wahatever player that doesnt matter...if u dont have any activex instaled in ur computer ..the first time IE will ask for the instalation of active x....so i think this would be a probs for u

Video clip problems

Is ActiveX is loaded without coding it? I don't think this is it. It seems all of a sudden I am having more complaints in not being able to play the video clips. I have been blaming IE7.

My Problem is that some can not view the clips without going through the process of changing the Security settings setup by IE7. I just want fewer problems for anyone trying to play these videos. And it seemed that by calling up an external media player I can avoid this IE7 problem.

You might want to check out this script, or maybe this one.
    Lee

""Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Thread Information