www.webdeveloper.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Message posting Guidelines

Originally posted by IceMetalPunk
    Is it only moderators that can do it, or anyone?
    http://forums.webdeveloper.com/showt...778#post140750
    Share on Google+

Suggestions

Hi,

I think it would be better if:

[list=1][*]The administrator put a link to this thread on the top of each forum.[*]This thread was renamed 'FORUM RULES'.[/list=1]

Neil
    if($neil=="stuck"){echo("Help!");
    pull_out("hair", $neil);
    $neil=bald;}
    else{echo("What do you want?");}
    Share on Google+

Do you mean like an announcement or one of the links like "user cp" and "register"?
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.
    Share on Google+

Both would be good - it would make people more aware they're 'rules' and not just 'guidlines'. It would probably reduce the amount of pointless/already posted/badly written threads/posts.

Neil
    if($neil=="stuck"){echo("Help!");
    pull_out("hair", $neil);
    $neil=bald;}
    else{echo("What do you want?");}
    Share on Google+

javascript

i want the script for transfering the contains of one listbox to the other listbox please help me out
    Share on Google+

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    this is most definitely the wrong place for that.

p.s. ---> try asking. it will get a lot more done.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain
    Share on Google+

debugging Netscape's Composer

Originally posted by Vladdy
    Here is another suggestion:
    I say 4 out 5 questions on these (and other fora) are asked in a way that makes giving a valuable advice next to imposible. The reason is that such posts do not present THE PROBLEM, but rather a problem that was created by a solution to (a problem that was created by a solution to) THE PROBLEM. Somehow, the majority fails to see what the REAL problem that needs to be solved is.

So here is a VERY SIMPLE advice on how to find out what THE REAL PROBLEM is:
    When presented with a problem, ask yourself "Why, the ****(heck) do I want to do this", and then apply the same question to the answer (repeat as needed)

Then post THE PROBLEM you came up with and what you thought of as an original problem as "here is how I thought of solving it" with a question "is there a better way".

Only then will you get a much better response in much less time.
    Vladdy to LukDiep

I got the message. I appreciate your input and have taken your suggestions to heart. I am using Netscapes Composer which hides the HTML code and allows one to click and write (HTML is in the background).

Basically, i struggled for awhile and resolved the problem using a modified form of your constructs.

Thanx for the help.
    LukDiep
    Share on Google+

Why are you guys such losers?

you have spent more time chatting about message posting guidlines than the time that is lost due to unorganised or messy posts. Please, I bid you people to step outside of your house and look around. You will be surpirsed how high resolution the world has.
    Share on Google+

You post back in a three month old thread just to say that? I think we all know who the loser is here...
    if (succeed != true)
    function askAdam();

Check out my site!
    Share on Google+

A series of tubes known as the "internets"

Re: Why are you guys such losers?

Originally posted by benjamin
    you have spent more time chatting about message posting guidlines than the time that is lost due to unorganised or messy posts. Please, I bid you people to step outside of your house and look around. You will be surpirsed how high resolution the world has.
    Comments like these are unnecessary in the Message Posting Guidelinges, thank you.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain
    Share on Google+

It seems like on and off some one would just post message like the one couple of messages above.
    I think we can still debate that should it remain open or not,however until that decision I am closing it.
    Cheers

Khalid

Message Posting Guidelines In These Forums, Please read these before posting any question.
    Web site: webapplikations.com
    Web Resources Page:Web Resources
    Share on Google+

Thread Information