dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to bring Traffic into your site?

How to bring Traffic into your site?

I have started my online webiste to sell some merchandise.
    I have registered under Google Adwords, and pay them almost $100 a month to adversite my website.
    I have been successful to sell only 1 or 2 items a month so far, unfortunately. I have realized that on an average, my webiste gets 25-30 new visitors per day.
    I would like to know, how I can increase traffic into my website. How can I make my website appear often on searches? Are their any tricks?

I have on some websites seen a small logo of one or many other websites. Is there a purpose to it. I had heard something like, it bring more traffic back to your webiste, or something like that. Could anyone please explain it to me.

Thank You.

If you're selling merchandise, you might consider hooking up with bizrate or other shopping sites that recommend items based on pricing. See http://merchant.shopzilla.com/oa/registration/ for more information.

KDLA

Thanks you KDLA. I will look into that website, and get back to you.

Thanks again.

You're getting clicks which means people are either clicking on your AdWord advertising or they are finding you in search engines. You might need to take a serious look at the overall usability of your site. While it might seem plenty easy to find and purchase things to you, have someone else sit down -- someone with not much experience with computers -- and find a product to purchase and go through the process of purchasing it. Maybe refund the money they spent on your site up to a certain amount. Then ask them questions.

Maybe they aren't seeing the good deals you have and you need to push certain items more? Twenty five to 30 new visitors a day sounds pretty decent for a new site. It sounds like you've got some design/usability issues to work with, perhaps.

you probably want to look into 'SEO' - Search Engine Optimization...

here's a good starting point:
    http://forums.seochat.com/search-eng...tips-1126.html
    and
    http://www.seo-guy.com/tutorial.html

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

My website is not very sleek. I am not familiar with web development, so I registered to create a website through an online company, that had a user friendly web-development tool.
    I managed to create a website the best I could (I think).
    So yes, in terms of design, it might not be the best, but it is easy, and functional, with quite a lot of good products.
    I thought, the main problem was not getting much traffic. So I was just wondering if there were special tricks to get the website to score high on search engines like Google.

Quote Originally Posted by hurray
    I thought, the main problem was not getting much traffic.
    I would guess that the main problem is lack of recommendations. If your site doesn't fulfill customer needs - visually, functionally, or economically - you aren't going to have the traffic you expect. It's only by satisfying the customer and having them recommend you to directories, review sites, and ad providers that you will increase your traffic.

Web hits mean nothing; it's the business that occurs on your site that makes or breaks you.

KDLA

You can increase the traffic by doing the directory submission, blogging,forum posting , blogging etc., Or you may get the SEO plans at http://www.tucktail.com/ .
    This will help you to increase the traffic.

<a href="http://autokeybot.com">autoclicker</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by hurray View Post
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

My website is not very sleek. I am not familiar with web development, so I registered to create a website through an online company, that had a user friendly web-development tool.
    I managed to create a website the best I could (I think).
    So yes, in terms of design, it might not be the best, but it is easy, and functional, with quite a lot of good products.
    I thought, the main problem was not getting much traffic. So I was just wondering if there were special tricks to get the website to score high on search engines like Google.
    If your website is not easy to navigate and/or it looks old, ugly, outdated or generally not very inviting, people will not spend much time on it and the people who might have used it, will not refer your website to others (word-of-mouth or referals is very powerful, this is the reason why videos on Youtube goes viral).

So you HAVE to spend time to make your website look good. If you are not a graphics artist you might want to "borrow" things off the internet and change it to your liking or hook up with someone who can help you make the graphics look nice and inviting.

You need to built quality link with fresh and unique content.This is the only way to increase your traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by adumpaul View Post
    You need to built quality link with fresh and unique content.This is the only way to increase your traffic.
    You also need to not bump threads that originated 5 years ago.

Lightbulb increase the Traffic

Quote Originally Posted by hurray View Post
    I have started my online webiste to sell some merchandise.
    I have registered under Google Adwords, and pay them almost $100 a month to adversite my website.
    I have been successful to sell only 1 or 2 items a month so far, unfortunately. I have realized that on an average, my webiste gets 25-30 new visitors per day.
    I would like to know, how I can increase traffic into my website. How can I make my website appear often on searches? Are their any tricks?

I have on some websites seen a small logo of one or many other websites. Is there a purpose to it. I had heard something like, it bring more traffic back to your webiste, or something like that. Could anyone please explain it to me.

Thank You.
    Please focus on below mentioned points:-
    1. Content
    2.Keywords from Google Adwords :- Keyword finder tool
    3. Page title on all the pages. Every page should have a different page Title should not exceed

70-80 characters.
    4. Keyword density 2-8% in the content, keyword should be there in the beginning of the page

ttile.
    5. Check your competitors with which keyword they are ranking high.
    7. Create a Google place account after the activation run some offers.
    8. Create a Sitempap, Analytics and Google Webmaster tool to monitor the stats.
    9.Submit the website in as many directories as possible.
    10. Participate in forums like Quora which has more than 50 million users.
    11. Write Blogs or submit articles if you can.
    12. Create your business page on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Google Plus and Pinterest and be

active on these and learn how to use it so that you can use it in the best possible ways.

One of the best ways to bring up your search engine rankings, and bring traffic to your blog, is by having a lot of back-links. A back-link is a link on someone else's website to your blog. There are many ways to get back-links to your blog, you can write and submit articles to directories and other websites, you can write and submit a press release online, or you can simply post comments on other blogs which will then link back to your blog.

All the above points are really good. I too follow all these only. Is there any points which you have missed.

A-504, Safal Pegasus, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380015 In
    I thing Social Media is a best option for you. Share it on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Google plus, Digg, etc.
    Contact should be updated regularly and it must be fresh & unique...

Thread Information