www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: video speed

Question video speed

I'm using easy web video product - V2F to convert avi/wmv into swf right now. The major problem I have is the video size. The average size after converting is about 22Mb, which is very slow during loading onto the website. It can't play very well so far. I tried to reduce the original video size by using windows movie maker before converting, but it didn't change the final swf size actually. Could anyone help me to solve this problem.

when you say reducing the size did you mean compression or res? Have you tried reducing the size of the video ie.. down to 352x288? The other thing to do is reduce the amount of frames per second say down to 15. Again you will lose quality, but apart from better compression these are the only other ways of reducing the file size.

Thanks for your response. If you check this site:http://www.easywebvideo.com/#, you will see some video fast and good looking videos. The original video size is not really bit. However, my reduced (compressed) video size is still much bigger than the video on this sie. I think there is a way to reduce it like it, I just don't know how to do it. (I used windows movie maker to compress video size)

Compressing and converting

Hi, this might do the trick for you

http://www.download.com/3000-2194_4-10735760.html

It is a 15 day free trial and fairly cheap to buy. Does a great job converting and compressing. Loads of options check into the frame rates and size to get the best balance of quality and file size.

Not sure if there are other programs or techniques that do a better job, but I find this program and also Vegas Video very handy..

Thanks!

Use Virtual Dub, its free and full of features.

It is useful to remember that audio takes up the most room in any videostream when the clips are small... So looking at audio you can treat the audio at a bit more compression.

Example, if you resample from 48 or 44.1 khz to 22,050 if you want to keep the audio as crisp, then bit stripping from 16 bit to 8 bit will really cut the audio size down as will converting stereo to mono.

If the audio content is not as important, 22,050 @ 4 bit mono (ADPCM for example) if you can compress and bit strip that far otherwise 11,025hz @ 8bit mono will cut down the size.

Video content, this IMHO is best using an Xvid compressor, set to 1 pass for quality ad a Q=60 will give you a very good picture and wont be as "Blocky" as other video codecs like DivX or MP4.

A typical 428MB mpeg video as an Xvid 352 x 288 with audio as mono @ I can compress a video into about 46~55MB depending on the length and content.

I could compress harder but then you begin to sacrifice quality, so below that level you would need to consider a smaller portal size like 176 x 144.

Also please note, swf is not the best tool to use to transport video, you would be better leaving the web browser to stream the video off the server.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Thread Information