www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Script needed.. any suggestions??

Script needed.. any suggestions??

I am looking for a script or someway to have visitors add a Post-it type note to my web pages-
    I have a site with apx 70,000 pages and would like visitors to be able to add notes to the page, and for others to see these notes- either immediately in a designated area, or by a popup, or by clicking to bring up a popup ( I would prefer not to use the click method- but if I have to..).
    Each post-it must be related to the page on which it was created, and the code must be able to tell from which page it was called ( I obviously cant code each of the pages individually) and it would be Really great if I could get an email each time a post-it is added..

Is there such a thing???

Any help or suggestions is appreciated

thanks
    Duane

duaneb2416
    would like visitors to be able to add notes to the page, and for others to see these notes
    This sounds a lot like a kind of guestbook. There are many of these available. Search for "guestbook cgi".
    for(split(//,'))*))91:+9.*4:1A1+9,1))2*:..)))2*:31.-1)4131)1))2*:3)"'))
    {for(ord){$i+=$_&7;grep(vec($s,$i++,1)=1,1..($_>>3)-4);}}print"$s\n";

Same basic idea as a guestbook, however I would need a seperate guestbook for each page, I am looking for something that the info entered would pertain only to the page from which it was written, and also would only be viewed from the same page. Not quite as universal as a guestbook would be.. thanks for the suggestion..

Any other ideas????

duaneb2416
    seperate guestbook for each page
    So copy your guestbook script over for each page. Or there are some guestbook scripts that support multiple guest pages.
    for(split(//,'))*))91:+9.*4:1A1+9,1))2*:..)))2*:31.-1)4131)1))2*:3)"'))
    {for(ord){$i+=$_&7;grep(vec($s,$i++,1)=1,1..($_>>3)-4);}}print"$s\n";

I dont see how I can do this, wouldnt I need to have 70,000 different guestbooks to have 1 dedicated to each page? and wouldnt I have to have a different code for each page? I would like 1 code that would determine a referer that would goto the appropiate entry(or sign) and view. sorry if I am confused as to what you are suggesting.

Duane

Thread Information