dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Controlling Audio in flash

Question Controlling Audio in flash

Is it possible to have and external graphic button outside of flash control an audio clip loaded into flash such as "Play" and "Pause"?
    Last edited by dmoore; 09-28-2007 at 04:13 PM. Reason: revision in title

If I were you I would make simple little tiny flash buttons instead of graphic buttons.

To Communicate between different SWF files on one HTML page.

Then you can use this to pull off what you want, just rig it:
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...6243&sliceId=1
    Talk between SWFs on same page would allow you to control audio. Just send the command from the button to the file playing sounds.

~Good luck

Yes, I thought of that and it worked but if I have a database of audiofiles, I think I would have to have a unique button for each audio file. Am I correct or is there a way to make one flash button access every file as needed?

Hmm, can't really say until I can visualize the application you're working on fully.

Could you explain more about how the page and application would work?

But more than likely, Yes, you are correct. Individual buttons to access individual tracks.

Another Method if comfortable in flash:

Build one giant full flash page to produce the application, giving you absolute Button, Sound, and everything control. Then you could skip the "making SWFs talk" cuz you'd be in one SWF the whole time(whole page). BuyNow buttons also work in flash if needed.

Explain your APP to us a little more if you have a sec.

I think you've answered my question. We have a window in a page that pulls up audio file content according to genres for the user to listen to an purchase. But in this paticular instance we wanted not to have a full player popup. Instead we just wanted a button that would play/stop without a player popping up. We need flash to protect the content from caching on the users computer. We dont want to make hundreds of buttons. I think I'm going to make a button load an invisible flash somewhere on the page which loads the song, the user wont see anything. I just wanted to verify there wasn't another way I might not know about using flash only.

Thread Information