www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Designed a myspace layout... need it to be coded

Hybrid View

Designed a myspace layout... need it to be coded

Well im a Film maker and designer so i designed a myspace layout for new film page on myspace, but i dont know how to code it, can anybody help me on showing me how to do it, or doing it for me ?

Design here : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ofiledinal.jpg

Myspace page : www.myspace.com/jorgealarconswaby

il be checking this post every hour for any help, thanks

-Jorge

Well, we're here to Help, not do work for you. If you'd like to hire someone, you might consult CraigsList.com.

There are several issues when working with myspace. I suggest you Google "myspace templates" and see if you can find one very close to what you've designed. (Hopefully, many of the bugs are worked out if the template is offered to the public.) Then, revisit this forum for help on tweaking it.

KDLA
    FYI
    * My screen resolution is set at 1680x1050
    * I'm accessing your site through a T1 line
    * I'm probably viewing it using Firefox (unless browser is specified)

Code assistance ("help") here, is free. But free-gratis help as in 'entirely do this for me' likely won't get many follow-ups. This is a web developer forum, not a web site build-it-for-me-for-free site. You might get someone to help you of course, -but without demonstrating at least some willingness to participate in the doing thereof, you probably won't get much responce. Most people whom come here either are also seeking help with their legitimate coding troubles, or, have jobs in the industry and therefore somewhat unwilling to hand out free web builds.

You could post the request on the appropriate forum on craigslist.com... there might be someone there whom would do this entirely 'for free' with no reservations about it.

edit: I see KDLA got to the 'submit' button first.
    I build for: Firefox and tweak for IE

mySpace Group Coders

RateMyProfile

mySpace HTML Masters

mySpace HTML and CSS Support

There are tons of tutorials in there... The one I found the most usefull for doing a DIV layout was here

Cool

Try using MySpace's New Profile Editor. You must be logged in and using Internet Explorer until they get this working for all browsers.

Pathfinder gave you some links, but if you Google for MySpace sites, you'll get more hits then you want. This is all I have to offer. :P

Ron

Voyager_One

Voyager_Two

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne
    Try using MySpace's New Profile Editor. You must be logged in and using Internet Explorer until they get this working for all browsers.
    Looks like all that's good for is generic layout changes... mostly cosmetic. By the looks of his sample image he'll need to do a lot more than that... basically create an entire DIV layout.

While I wouldn't entirely recommend it, you could always use the FireFox Web Dev tool, go to someone's mySpace page that has a good DIV layout that looks like it would suit your needs, then view the embedded CSS.

That's generally what I use to make adjustments to my page and it works like a champ.

If you're feeling bold you could copy and paste the code into your layout and then just change the image references.

Also, FWIW, if you save all your images to a profile album and make that particular album unviewable you can reference all of your images right in mySpace rather than some external image file sharing service.

Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder74
    While I wouldn't entirely recommend it, you could always use the FireFox Web Dev tool, go to someone's mySpace page that has a good DIV layout that looks like it would suit your needs, then view the embedded CSS.

That's generally what I use to make adjustments to my page and it works like a champ.

If you're feeling bold you could copy and paste the code into your layout and then just change the image references.
    Watch out, though - the design you choose could be copyrighted (as in it may be a design someone purchased). That's why I suggested the "template" search. That way, you know you're free and clear to use it.
    KDLA
    FYI
    * My screen resolution is set at 1680x1050
    * I'm accessing your site through a T1 line
    * I'm probably viewing it using Firefox (unless browser is specified)

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

This month, over 35% of surfers are using Firefox. So, using an IE-only layout may not be the best idea.

The Profile Editor allows you to totally customize your page if you wish to take the time to learn the use of its tools and how to place your own coding in your page. MySpace is particular on how to write the code and CSS and where to place it. Might just be better to read the tutorials on coding a MySpace page first.

Right now they are filtering JS, of course, but also iframe and embed tags along with any *.swf files. There are ways around this limited use. Hopefully, enough people have complained about the filtering that they have loosen up somewhat.

Ron
    Last edited by Major Payne; 10-18-2007 at 03:55 PM.

well? how's it coming?

Here's a link to more MySpace Profile Page Resources that may help.

Ron

Thread Information