www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: graphic editors...

graphic editors...

hi, im looking for a good graphic editor cuz my standard paint editor on my pc is plainly horrible when it comes to quality.
    im just looking for one that can do things such as apply gradience, 3d effects, opacity effects(optional), and basic operations...
    thanx for any suggestions

wth?!

come on now.
    im in a graphic forum and ask for a graphic editor, the sole instrument for graphic designers, and still, i am yet to come across an answer?! this is very sad....

You might try the GIMP: http://www.gimp.org/

Adam
    "If youíre not using valid HTML, then you havenít created a Web page. You may have created something else, but it isnít a Web page." - Joe Clark

Do something amazing (USA) | Make Poverty History

unless ofcourse you want to pay for it. Then it depends how much you wish to pay...
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

Can't do without it

I use several graphics apps, but the one I CAN'T do without is Photoshop. Yes it's expensive, but well worth it for everything from prepress to web.

Talking YAY PEEPS ACTUALLY RESPONDED!!!

thanx for your response. and excuse me if i was rude earlier on.
    anyway, thanx for the suggestions!

wait, there's some more.

First, one should know (as you presumably do, but for any case, I'll just mention it) that there are two basic approaches: raster ('pixel') - based, and vector based. Photoshop is actually the master for the first (Gimp, as mentioned, out now for windows as well, is freeware but maybe not quite as powerful), and it includes a few vector capacities as well; for the vector family, this isn't quite as simple. For flat illustrations, the top line products are freehand and illustrator, but also he actual 3D modelling tools are vector based. I don't know if you're looking for these, or just for 3D effects. 3D effects can be obtained with a number of plugins available for Photoshop, such as KPT ('Kai's Power Tools (or maybe Kais Power Tools)), EyeCandy, etc. (As far as I know, not all of them exist for Gimp.) If you are looking for actual 3D modelling, well, there's plenty, and they all fulfill different needs. There are things like Adobe Dimensions, Amapi Designer, etc. etc.; there's AutoCAD, and then the animation tools, at their high end Maya, provide prettey decent modelling capacities as well. All of these export images in noumerous formats, so you should always be able to work them in a flat vector or raster image application.
    Also there are things like RasterVect or StreamLine, that vectorize raser images, which is useful for certain operations, eg. for using it whith vector tools like freehand or cad.

(I can come up with more details if needed.)

I love flash MX.. wish i could get coldfusion. gonna get illustrator soon. (off-topic I know, just supporting Macromedia and their wonderful products!)
    Theres this thing called imperfection. Its the one thing everyones got but nobody wants.

I.. HATE.. EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU! Why do.. I Love you? I HATE Everything about you! Why do I.. love you??? Everytime we lie awake... after every hit we take.. every feeling that i get.. but i haven't missed you yet. only when I stop to think about it... I.. HATE.. EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU! Why do.. I Love you? I HATE Everything about you! Why do I.. love you?

Thread Information