dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How Is This Accomplished??

How Is This Accomplished??

I would like a navigation bar on my site with the functionality of a browser. (See Attachment)
    I know i probably need to have it in a frame but how can I code the address bar to be able to surf the web?
    thanks
    bmann
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jscript. It's coded so that it's executed before the <html></html> code of the foreign web page. That's how those filthy hotbar-ads work.

why would you want a 'browser' on your website?

isn't that just allowing people another way to leave your site?

is there a bigger purpose behind your idea?

Quote Originally Posted by dtm32236

isn't that just allowing people another way to leave your site?

is there a bigger purpose behind your idea?

I am designing a site that when you click on certain links it opens up a 800 x 600 pop up window that displays a horizontal frame page...
    in the top frame is images and a media player...in the bottom frame is the website pertaining to the info in the top frame...
    the middle frame is where I want install the browser so people viewing the site can have the option of browsing the web in the bottom frame while still being able to view and listen to the media player in the top frame.
    This way I have a unique approach to people staying on my site and have options for their viewing experience.
    So, i would like to know if anyone can help me code the browser bar and what the best way to go about it would be.
    thank you,
    bmann

okay - that can be nice if you're able implement it well.

anyway, i've never heard of anyone doing this, nor have i seen it, so i'm not sure if it's possible - although pretty much anything is nowadays, so who knows.

a quick searched in google for a few mins, but that was fruitless.

hopefully someone else can help you out... good luck bmann.

Quote Originally Posted by bmann
    This way I have a unique approach to people staying on my site and have options for their viewing experience.
    Why would anyone need to stay on your site to view other websites? I don't get it. You're basically trying to create an GUI, which allows people to browse the internet and listen to music... can't people just do that from their PC/Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by dtm32236
    okay - that can be nice if you're able implement it well.

anyway, i've never heard of anyone doing this, nor have i seen it, so i'm not sure if it's possible - although pretty much anything is nowadays, so who knows.

a quick searched in google for a few mins, but that was fruitless.

hopefully someone else can help you out... good luck bmann.

Please go to this link:
    http://www.pzradio.net/Sandra Riley On Demand.htm

This page pops up as a 800x600 page via a behavior and does not have the navigation browser or menu at the top of the page.

I want to make the Nav Bar in the middle be the browser for the frame page in the bottom. I know i will need to add make the back and forward buttons functional as well as add a text field for the http:// info.

Any Ideas or suggestions?
    Bmann

Thread Information