dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Embedded Fonts??

Question Embedded Fonts??

To whom it may concern,

I just discovered, to my horror, that Frontpage 2002 WordArt is not in gif format(stupid I know). It is nothing but a glorified font. Ant that if the font is not on the client-side machine, well, you don't get your font, period.

My question is: How do you embed fonts? or Is there a better way?

Thanks, David

If you only have a few instances it may be better to use images to include the writing.
    To get the text as an image, first get it on the screen and then press the Print Screen button (the one on the left of Scroll Lock).
    Then got into an image editor, it doesn't have to be fancy, Microsoft Paint will do.
    Then press edit --> paste. A screen shot will then appear which you can crop to your liking and save.
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

Thank you for your help!

But I am having difficulty understanding your directions.

Are these directions in frontpage??

"If you only have a few instances it may be better to use images to include the writing.
    To get the text as an image, first get it on the screen and then press the Print Screen button (the one on the left of Scroll Lock).
    Then got into an image editor, it doesn't have to be fancy, Microsoft Paint will do.
    Then press edit --> paste. A screen shot will then appear which you can crop to your liking and save."

I cannot find the print screne button. And the help gives no reference.

I do have pain and Windows imager 1.5(from FP2000).

Get the text you want to put on your web-page on the screen, and then press the print screen button on the keyboard. I'm sorry but I can't explain it any clearer than that.

Edit: If you use a mac then the keyboard may not have the same buttons on it.

Another Edit: Since you said you use frontpage it's very unlikely that you use a mac.
    Last edited by David Harrison; 08-31-2003 at 04:47 PM.

Lightbulb Thank you!!

GOT IT!!

Sorry, but I had never used that button before, nor did I know what it was for. This will be very useful. I have already conveted several items.

But, just out of curiousity,are you familiar with the font embed?? Since we are on the topic?

Thanks,

Well putting this in the head section will work for IE:

<style type="text/css"><!--

@font-face{font-family:"fontname";src:url(font.eot);}

--></style>

That's about the only way I know and it won't work for all browsers, on top of that you'll still have to find the correct font file and even then it might not be a .eot file type.

Thread Information