www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Longhorn and VS 2008 Publishing

Longhorn and VS 2008 Publishing

OK, I'm running into a problem when I publish my files to my longhorn server. I am developing this project in VS 2008 "ORCAS". The error is Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.IScriptManager' from assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. The line of code that the error happens on is
    Code:
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>
    I have installed 3.5 for the LINQ information, but I can't find out where to select it on my APP POOL or maybe its something else that is wrong.

Any Information on this is greatly appreciated. I've been down for a while and need to get moving past this error quickly.

Thanks,
    Josh

Just a shot in the dark. I am using the same server platform but on a .NET 2.0 site no issues. I also use the script manager quite a bit. Are you sure that the dll that contains the assembly System.Web installed in the GAC on the server is the correct version? Check it, it is possible somethings have been depricated and you need to install it, however according to how Microsoft publishes the data this should not be an issue. Also check that in IIS 7 that the version of ASP.NET for the particular site is correct. This has solved some issues in the past real quick for me. I would attempt to put the version you are running in development of that DLL in the GAC and use the correct public key if it is not already there. This error means that the DLL contains the namespace but not the class your looking for.

Thread Information