www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How do I begin to build something like this page?

Question How do I begin to build something like this page?

I'm trying to do text manipulation on a webpage with different fonts but the best I can do is with Javascript & PHP and I get a pixelated text image. It works ok, and I can even get an outline, but its not great. I stumbled onto this:
    http://b.customink.com/lab/ where I can get clear text and add an outline, do an arc, change size, etc. It's not flash (I don't think) so what is it? How would I begin to learn how to build something like this?
    Thanks

Looks like a bit of Web 2.0 ala AJAX to me.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

Would you recommend somewhere (other than a simple Google search) where I could learn more?

Not really. My strategy would be to rummage through all the sources that make up that app.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

Thread Information