www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Layout Tips?

Layout Tips?

Ok I've been practicing with CSS again for the last few months and in fact I've barely started learning to build complete sites just this year. I've been trying though probably the last couple of years. One question I do have is in regards to multiple pages and static content. For example the navigation is always at the top of my page but let say for example I change the text of one of them but I have about 25 different pages. So I thought I wonder if there is a way to link a section to a page so that I can change it once and it changes it everywhere. There must be a technique right? I just don't know what to start searching for.

Thanks for you help.
    Last edited by MontyV; 12-15-2007 at 10:30 PM.

Server Side Includes

It's not a CSS thing.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

Quote Originally Posted by ray326
    Server Side Includes

It's not a CSS thing.
    So what exactly am I searching for to get a grasp of this? Or is it "Server Side Includes"?

Yes, Google "server side includes".
    An excellent primer on the matter is here: http://bonrouge.com/br.php?page=faq#includes
    I build for: Firefox and tweak for IE

Thread Information