dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Greasemonkey cookies

Greasemonkey cookies

I am developing a widget of sorts in greasemonkey (well actually turnabout, the ie version of greasemonkey) and it needs to run on every website.

I need to store a numrical value that can be accessed every page load, that is every time the script is added to a served page by turnabout. Now, as far as I know, there is no way I could use a cookie created within the greasemonkey script as the current page the script is loaded to is what domain the cookie will be associated with. I need to cookie to be avaliable to every site.

So I tried embeding a hidden iframe of a page that stored the cookie, but then accessing that cookie via a variable didn't work because of ie's cross browser security.

So, does anyone have a solution for me. I just need to store one numrical variable that can be accessed by every website. I'm trying to keep this client side if at all possible. Is there a way to define a variable in ie so that can be accessed at all? If not, is there a way to store a cookie that every page can access (I don't want to have to local serve the page, even though this would solve my problem, I am restricted by the network in which I am working)? Lastly, if at all that is impossible, is it possible for me to locally store the variable in a way other than a cookie, possibly a text file created by active script or something like that? I'm developing for ie7 and I have no choice in the matter.

Thanks in advance.

Greasmonkey have the API-functions GM_setValue and GM_getValue, dose turnabout have somthing like thous functions?

Thread Information