www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: General Forum

General Forum

Just out of intrest, isn't the general forum meant to be a place where you can talk about anything?

If not why not create a lounge forum where people

I was reading about not posting off topic posts expect on certain days thats why I brought this up.

And lol, I just replied to loads of posts, didnt mean to make it look like i was spamming the board because i wasn't meant to lol.

This was discussed at length some time ago, and you can read the thread here: http://forums.webdeveloper.com/showt...&threadid=9989

The name refers to general web development, not just talking about anything. Obviously, Jupitermedia (the company that operates this forum) wants its resources to be used for relevant discussion.

Adam
    "If youíre not using valid HTML, then you havenít created a Web page. You may have created something else, but it isnít a Web page." - Joe Clark

Do something amazing (USA) | Make Poverty History

This General area is for all other things not covered by the other areas for the subject of web design and development.

an off topic area is being looked into... However no member liked my idea of the once a week thing so it's not happening.

Also any offtopic area would not be a public forum... It would most likely have a number of rules.
    Compguy Pete
    The Benevolent Administrator

No child should have to deal with a Brain Stem Tumor...
    http://www.OneAna.com

Thanks, just saying I'd think it's a good idea also to have an off topic area. I would be more than happy to follow a certain set of rules, so long as theres nothing to unusal in there.

Not sure if you can do this in on the admin of these forums (v bulltien im geussing), but in PHPBB you can set it to prune topics with no replies in so many day, or even just to delete a topic 2 days after creation.

May be an option, though it woudn't help if you wanted to research previous posts, however there prob wouldn't be a lot to research in an off topic area.

thats for me
    my dream is to be a mod on a forum

Originally posted by gavinnet
    Not sure if you can do this in on the admin of these forums (v bulltien im geussing), but in PHPBB you can set it to prune topics with no replies in so many day, or even just to delete a topic 2 days after creation.
    Don't you think it would be a bit annoying if just when everyone got onto a topic, the forums deletes the thread? All that would do is annoy me to the point of not going into the section...
    if (succeed != true)
    function askAdam();

Check out my site!

Hmmm lol I had thought of that. YOu could it set it to pruune topics that havn't been posted to in x number of days then was the only other option I could think of.

Gavin plays it cool. lol soz im kinda tired, its making me go mad I think.

Thread Information