dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: "Access Denied" in loading xml

"Access Denied" in loading xml

Hi there,

I have this problem which is really driving me nuts for a couple of days. Glad if any help or suggestion is given

Javascript will give me a pop-up error "Access is denied" when i try to load a simple xml file, which is in the server machine itself. The script is within a JSP page running apache tom-cat. I am running it with IE6 from an windows administrative acc straight on the server so there shouldn't be any access prob.

Code is something like that:

<script language="javascript>
    var xml = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
    xml.async = false;
    xml.load("C:/Documents and Settings/Desktop/BTBT/abc.xml)

// upon the load statement; javascript will prompt error and jsp dies off

</script>

My instinct is that Apache Tom-cat is prohibiting the access. The jsp is unable to load any xml files in all location, but is able to load files within the Tom-cat application folder. (C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1\webapps\..) I am however unsure where to investigate further.

This is really driving me crazy. any advice is really welcomed.

Thks in advance
    Darren

yes,apache is stopping you ,because you are trying to access a resource from the local disk,try to map a virtual path to this drive in tomcat, or put the file in the tomcat root folder and point it to there.
    Cheers

Khalid

Message Posting Guidelines In These Forums, Please read these before posting any question.
    Web site: webapplikations.com
    Web Resources Page:Web Resources

Hey.

Thanks for the suggestion. The idea of mapping a virtual path looks really promising. Can the mapping be dynamic and be decided on runtime when the user enters the path from GUI?

I am trying to load any xml files that user selects. Thanks alot. And lemme know if you know of any good website about mappin virtual path to recommend.

Good Day.

Thread Information