www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Internet Explorer 9 issue

Internet Explorer 9 issue

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue that i am currently encountering.

Basically, I have a complete Flash website embedded in an html file, and I also have alternative content for SEO and in case the viewer does not have Flash installed. In all tested browsers everything works the way it is supposed to, but in IE9 both the Flash file AND the alternate content is displayed. I tried googling the issue but no similar issues came up.

Anyone have any idea why this happening?

The site is marcusgroup.com

Thanks,

SRibeiro

Your coding has 383 errors, and IE is known to have issues with parsing through errors. I know it sounds like a monumental task, but I'd start fixing those.

Dave

Thank you. I fixed some of those issues, but somehow i managed to get it working correctly before i fixed the issues. Not really sure what fixed it, but I just hit reset on the IE9 properties panel, and restarted IE9. It's working fine now.

Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

Serge

Same Problem

I'm having the same problem, IE is showing both versions, Flash on the top and below that is the alternative content. (stacked) It shows fine in all other browsers.

I only have Mac so I am using Adobe's browser lab to test IE7, 8 and 9. IE9 is where it is showing up crazy. Thanks for any help!! (I wasnt sure if I should put the link on here or wait to hear back from someone to send it to.)

Thread Information