www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: php mp3 and streaming audio

php mp3 and streaming audio

I am trying to set up something like an online radio.

What I want to do is make it possible for people to upload audios (all mp3's). I then have a admin area where I can accept audios into the playlist. I can then schedule the audio clips in. I can select exactly when a clip starts.

Now I want to stream this content like a propper radio station. So if a clip starts at 12:00 and last 5 minutes and someone tunes in at 12:02 then he will start listening 2 minutes into the clip.

Now all that uploading and scheduling I have working. The only problem that I have is the streaming bit.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thats a no I take it?

Ok I made some more research and made following decision.

I will go with a company that offers shoutcast servers. They also offer something that is called AutoDJ in which I am very interested.

AutoDJ is basically a place where you upload your files and the program is creating random playlists and even can automatically insert ads.

Now the functionality is good but I need more than that. So my question now is :

Is it possible to use PHP to send audio to a shoutcast server? any links tutorials or any other help?

Thanks.

Thread Information