www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Is Double Post Possible?

Is Double Post Possible?

Our setup is pretty simple. We have the customer fill-out a form and we receive them through email.

After the customer clicks on SUBMIT ORDER, another page is brought up containing a Google Checkout button, depending on the order they selected, where the customer must click on the button to be redirected to Google Checkout and make their payment.

Many of our customers closes the page where they need to click on the Google Checkout button and would like to fix this. Even if this page have "MAKE YOUR PAYMENT" in bold big letters, it still get missed

Anyways, would it be possible to once the email is submitted, it will redirect it to the Google Checkout page? Right now we are using Buy Buttons which is also a post method. I just don't have any idea how to incorporate it.

Quote Originally Posted by xoxLISAxox
    Many of our customers closes the page where they need to click on the Google Checkout button and would like to fix this. Even if this page have "MAKE YOUR PAYMENT" in bold big letters, it still get missed
    It's actually quite common for customers to proceed right through to the payment screen of a website, and then close their browser. There's many reasons why people do this, one being that the customer merely wants to see what they would be charged if they purchased from your site.

As for using PHP to automatically redirect to the Google checkout page, you'll want to use the header function:

PHP Code:
    header('Location: http://www.example.com/'); 
    (Obviously, you'll need to change www.example.com to whatever page you want to redirect to).

Just remember that the header function will not work if your PHP script has already sent something to the browser (Eg, if the script has already used 'echo').
    Last edited by callumd; 01-09-2008 at 12:08 AM.

Redirecting is not going to work. As I mentioned, the Google Checkout buttons also uses a POST method. If I post the codes would you understand better? We are trying to eliminate the payment page. Send us the email and send the information to Google.

Last edited by callumd; 01-09-2008 at 03:35 AM.

Hello Lisa

Please post the code so we can help...

Jorge Limas.

Sounds like xoxLISAxox wants to redirect to a page, and POST some form data with the request.

My understanding is that there is no simple way to do this with PHP, and that the solution lies in using the cURL library:

http://www.phpit.net/article/using-curl-php/1/

I see

Well if what she wants is to redirect to a page AND also send a POST at the same time... I also think its not possible to do it with php...

Also I never used the cURL library, going to check it out, thanks callumd.

Jorge Limas.

Quote Originally Posted by novalys
    Well if what she wants is to redirect to a page AND also send a POST at the same time... I also think its not possible to do it with php...

Also I never used the cURL library, going to check it out, thanks callumd.

Jorge Limas.

Send the POST then redirect using the header() function. Whats not possible?

Quote Originally Posted by xoxLISAxox
    Our setup is pretty simple. We have the customer fill-out a form and we receive them through email.

After the customer clicks on SUBMIT ORDER, another page is brought up containing a Google Checkout button, depending on the order they selected, where the customer must click on the button to be redirected to Google Checkout and make their payment.

Anyways, would it be possible to once the email is submitted, it will redirect it to the Google Checkout page? Right now we are using Buy Buttons which is also a post method. I just don't have any idea how to incorporate it.
    Basically you want to remove the step where the customer has to click on the stupid google checkout button?

Change the link / form that opens the page that currently contains the google checkout button to instead submit a form to google checkout, all that is required is very well documented in the google api section on there development site.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCoder
    Basically you want to remove the step where the customer has to click on the stupid google checkout button?

Change the link / form that opens the page that currently contains the google checkout button to instead submit a form to google checkout, all that is required is very well documented in the google api section on there development site.

Yes remove that extra step to click on the checkout button. I need it to send the email then bring them directly to google. Problem is I am not a programmer and do not understand any of this. Just working from the samples you all nice people have provided

Thread Information