dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Kind of a sign up form..?

Kind of a sign up form..?

hello,
    I need a form on my website, it is sort of like an event sign up form,
    so basically it is only for the admins, they can create a new date on the form, then fill in the participants which have signed up.

It should only be for 10 people-

so a date- when it takes place, a name for it, and the participant list should have only name...

Has anyone got an idea of how I can best make this? or is there are templates for this type of thing?
    -- I actualy don't know how to script, I know flash and pdf's... so Im not sure if i can even make this, or how I can learn how?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for any help!!

Maurice

Server-side scripting would be best, since you probably want to store this information into a database.

Find out the platform of your web server, then investigate the appropriate server-side scripting to enable this.

KDLA

hi,
    thanks for your reply.

Yeah, a database would be best, Im sure id need to look back at previous participants here and there...
    but I think I didn't realy get to the point in my first post.
    It's also a problem that I realy don't know about scriptin apart form basic action script.. so I was sort of hoping to maybe get some directions, maybe a tutorial that suits my problem... or I don'T know, bits of script for parts of the form...

I would realy appreciate if you could go a little more into depth in any ways possible...
    thank you!
    moe

As I said, you need to know what platform your web server is in order to select (or to have us recommend) the proper scripting method. Once you know that, you'll be able to find LOTS of information on form creation.

so, yeah, feel free to laugh at me! but how do you find out? hehe, im just such a nub when it comes to hosting, domains, scirpting, html lol..

I know my server is a shared server and not a dedicated server- if that helps? Otherwise, can I find out in my domains control panel?

Thread Information