www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: J2EE software stack pricing

J2EE software stack pricing

Hi everyone,

I'm rather urgently trying to find out what is the software needed to host an n-tier web application using the J2EE platform, as well as the estimated cost. This is just for a costing estimate for planning purposes.

Could anyone give me an idea of the SOFTWARE NAME and COST of each of the following items, if it were implemented on, say, an IBM J2EE platform:

1. Server operating system (UNIX)
    2. Application Server (WebSphere)
    3. Collaboration Software (?)
    4. Workflow Software (?)
    5. Development Software (WebSphere)
    6. Database (RDBMS) software (Oracle)
    7. Reporting server (?)
    8. Doc Mgt Server (FileNet)

If I've missed out any items in the typical J2EE stack of products for enterprise-level web applications, please do let me know too. You can just let me know the estimated price of the Enterprise level product.

Thanks so much for the help!

i don't think i can give you costs on this stuff, as it's going to be dependent on how your license structure is.

for workflow software, i would say stick w/ what your app server provides - either as an add-on or built in. reporting most people use crystal reports, and collaboration software, I would say a MS based solution, so exchange, MSN messenger, sharepoint, etc.

Thanks chazzy. We can assume it's going to be for a public web portal (i.e. unlimited web users).

What's the entry-level pricing for WebSphere, UNIX operating system and Oracle RDBMS? Just ballpark figures will do too.

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Not sure to be honest, but if they're like everyone else it's based on the # of CPU's, amount of ram on the machine.

Your best bet is to just put in an inquiry w/ IBM themselves for the pricing, they might be able to provide you w/ options based on what pieces you're looking to buy.

Thread Information