www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Mediaplayer Poserframe/splash image?

Mediaplayer Poserframe/splash image?

I have had terrible luck with flv on my blog. My last meeting with a new client ended with them going to my web page and not being able to see any of the FLV movies I had posted (they were all on MACs, the movies seem to work fine on PC)..

Anyway, I'm going to convert everything to WMV, everyone seems to be able to view it, the quality looks great, and it's one less step for me in encoding.. I have figured out how to embed the mediaplayer in my blog, but one thing I haven't figured out how to do yet is have a poster frame or splash image. I don't see that as a param variable. I want to have a still image the user can click on to start playing the movie so there isn't a huge black frame there before the movie starts playing. How do you do that with an embedded mediaplayer?

Thanks

-Matthew

Ok, I figured out how to have a poster/splash image holding until the MediaPlayer plays the movie..

Next question: how can I set the mediaplayer to play when the user clicks on the holding image area (the movie screen), instead of having to click the play button? I want to have an image that basically says 'click here' or has a big play icon, so the user can click the image and it plays instead of having to specifically click the play button..

-Matthew

Thread Information