dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Your Opinion on Current Project

Your Opinion on Current Project

Hi,
    Had a real estate agent approach me for a site design. They are interested in setting up specific client pages where they can have the clients log in and check on upcoming events (closing, inspections, etc). The agent wants access to update the client's evens of course. What would you all do? I'm thinking of skipping individual client pages and setting up 1 page which will be populated via mysql on log in. I'm trying to figure out the best approach to that as well as figuring out the best approach for the CMS. Your opinions are greatly appreciated!

"Every artist was first an amateur"-RWE

Will all the clients always to view the same information or will there be different content on a per client / group basis?

If they are all going to see the same information then why bother with a client login system, just use htaccess protection on the area.
    If they are going to view different content then the job is much more complex.

Hi,
    Yeah, it's going to be based on a per client basis. For instance, you and I would have different info (closing dates, viewed properties, etc). It is looking like a complicated project and probably not worth the extra $$ it would cost my client but I figured I'd get some other opinions on it. I suppose I could always use her remax plugin and let them do it that way. Thanks for the quick reply.

Eric

Take a step back, bullet point all the pros and cons of developing this system and how it could / if it could be expanded on in the future.

Try to break the down in to stages of development, cost for each one and amend for every problem you may encounter.

Once you are happy with the stages and hours required for each, combine the stages to get your total quote.

If this exceeds the budget then revisit your stages and see what you could drop to bring the cost down.

Thanks again! I have a feeling, unless the agent carriers more than 15 or so clients at a time I may just create separate client pages and have the client purchase Contribute to simply update the html. Developing a log in system, database, etc it going to easily triple the cost of Contribute. Thanks again for the direction, it helps a great deal.

Eric

Thread Information