www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: CSS not showing up in Dreamweaver

Hybrid View

CSS not showing up in Dreamweaver

Hi - in DW I seem to have lost the ability to see my styles as I work. I am sure it is a simple preference or viewing option that I am missing but some help would be grand.

Nezz

try relinking your stylesheets - delete the entire <link href="includes/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"> line, and then redo it by doing Insert -> HTML -> Head Tags -> Link. Then you can browse for the CSS file, and make sure that it's the correct path.

make sure to add rel="stylesheet" and type="text/css".

DW doesn't show styles, unless they are inline or in the <head> section. You can only view them through the "Preview through Browser" facility.
    FYI
    * My screen resolution is set at 1680x1050
    * I'm accessing your site through a T1 line
    * I'm probably viewing it using Firefox (unless browser is specified)

Quote Originally Posted by KDLA
    DW doesn't show styles, unless they are inline or in the <head> section. You can only view them through the "Preview through Browser" facility.
    ????????????? Dreamweaver's design view panel will show styles linked in an external css file just fine (subject to it's often incorrect rendering of such styles).

I've found that styles related to color and text are rendered in DW's design view, styles related to positioning are often omitted or misplaced. The only way to view them is view the page in the browser. Which makes both of our statements correct.
    FYI
    * My screen resolution is set at 1680x1050
    * I'm accessing your site through a T1 line
    * I'm probably viewing it using Firefox (unless browser is specified)

Dreamweaver is very hard to use unless you have not read the help screen. CSS works as long as it is enable and it should be by default. You might of changed it by mistake

Look under menu heading "View" then "Style Rendering" - the "Display styles" and "Screen Media Type" should be selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Centauri View Post
    Look under menu heading "View" then "Style Rendering" - the "Display styles" and "Screen Media Type" should be selected.
    I had to join this forum and express my thanks, three years later. I just saw this today, and now I can see, where I was once blind. This tip is really helping me. I have been working on redoing a website and I was not able to see my css divisions as they should look unless I chose preview browser. So when I was working on a simple tutorial and couldn't even see color or fonts, I knew something had changed. Thank You.

Same deal

Funny how it works fine on my laptop but when I am on my PC the css sheets don't display.

you have selected wrong option it is reason your CSS not showing In Dreamweaver..

Web design in Toronto

Thread Information