www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: links in iframe/ilayer

links in iframe/ilayer

How do you link within an ilayer?

I have an iframe in a page, and when I click links in the iframe the new page loads into the iframe.

I am trying to do the same thing with an ilayer, but the links in the ilayer load in the whole window and not just the ilayer.

Does anyone know how to do this, preferably without changing the contents of the ilayer or at least not every link on the page in the ilayer.

e.g.
    <iframe src="a.html">
    <ilayer src="a.html">
    </ilayer>
    </iframe>

a.html contains a link to b.html that i need to load into the ilayer and not the main window.

You cant use an ilayer like an iframe. You cannot have a separate doccument open inside an Ilayer (without an ssi include that is to my knowledge) But to have a link in an iframe open in the whole page use in your link tags target="_parent"

Unhappy

Say it ain't so! I keep seeing, use ilayer to support old browsers (NS4) and now this basic functionality doesn't even work.

Just put a link inside of the iframe tag so they can still see the page. It will still allow them to get the content. like this <iframe atributes="stuff"><a href="thepageinside">You dont support me</a>

Thread Information