I've got a Google search box on my blog. A searcher can choose (via radio buttons) to search either the Web or just my blog.

If he chooses to search just my blog, he enters his query in the search box on my blog and presses Enter. After he presses Enter, the following appears in the search box on my blog, appended to his query: "inurlost"; and the query's then sent off to Google, where the search results appear in a new tab.

When I look at what appears in the search box on Google's page in the new tab, it's:

http://www.google.com/search?q=<his search term(s)>+inurl%3Apost&sitesearch=<my blog>.com

So, his query's been silently modified to restrict the search to my blog, but not silently modified to restrict the result of the search to pages of my blog that have the word "post" in their URL.

(By "silently", I mean without the query modifier appearing in the search box on my page, appended to the searcher's search term(s).)

Is there some way that I can have the "inurlost" modifier added to searches of my blog without its appearing in the search box on my blog?

Thanks for reading this,

Leslie