So, I was adding another page using the exact same formatting as all my other pages in Dreamweaver. I checked how it looked in DW throughout the coding process and when I finished I checked it in FF just to make sure. The page was displayed as the HTML code!! The file is a php file because of 3 lines of php code at the bottom of the page, but otherwise is html. The thing that gets me is that all the other pages work perfectly in FF and they all draw from the same CSS file and I didn't really use anything special. What happened? What does it meant when FF displays a page as html code? I checked the page in Opera and it worked fine.
By the way, I have the latest version of FF: 188.8.131.52
I couldn't check it in IE since my IE doesn't work...
I would prefer to not have to post my code up here since it is a couple hundred lines and I don't know where the problem is. I don't know if anyone can really help, but if you could make suggestions for things to look for or common problems that make this happen, that'll be great.
Unless you don't wish to reveal your code, a 'couple hundred lines' of code is insignificant as far as post-worthy. That is what this forum is here for.
You could ZIP the file and attach, or provide a URL. At any rate, there are 'tools' at my/our disposal that can read & alalyze the code in a second or two, providing a detailed show of the cited errors/warnings.
Basically, -we need to see your code in order to help you.
I fooled around with the code a bit and I found that if I changed nothing except make the file a .html instead of .php it worked (except for the php code of course).
I don't have php installed on my computer and I won't get my server for a week or so, so I can't actually see the php in the browser. However, all the other pages with the same php code work fine in the browser, its just this one and nothing is especially different. I copied the code over from the other pages!