www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: MyEclipse help...

MyEclipse help...

We work mostly with MyEclipse here at this shop. We develop in either Java or PHP and so this IDE is "good" enough for what we do.

Generally speaking, it has some nice features and some nice plugins to support what we do.

This afternoon I ran into a problem. When I do a debug session, there is a variable window which can be viewed as I step through the program. This afternoon, the contents of the Variable view window just disappeared.

Has anyone seen this before? ...and How do I get it back? The support website run by Genuitec is of no help and the help guide is too broad so I'm looking for a needle in a haystack.

Any help is better than what I've found so far. Ideas?
    Last edited by plattecoducks; 02-11-2008 at 06:20 PM.

The stack view is only applicable in the context of a debug session. when you close out debug, the view generally goes away.

No, this happened upon starting a new session.

I heard from Genuitec this morning. I guess I may not be the only one who has seen this. My eventual solution was to close the application and restart. Sort of drastic, if you ask me, but it worked.

Does it come up if you use Window -> Show View? I've seen many inconsistencies when using eclipse. On one PC, if I execute a program too many times it just stops, and I need to restart eclipse.

I didn't try that; not really necessary for how I work since I have these windows docked to the right of the code in a tabbed manner.

There are some quirks about this software; some unexplained hanging while debugging and some other things. The help is voluminous and so becomes a real challenge when you try to find out something. In this instance, I had difficulty finding a suitable search string that wouldn't bring back 1000 responses.

But, all in all, it's pretty good.

Thread Information