www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Best way to develop and deploy?

Lightbulb Best way to develop and deploy?

Hi,

I'm permanently asking myself how I can speed up and enhance my developing work. I was used to work with dreamweaver, where work is pretty smooth with the integrated ftp, so I have one version of my work local and one on a live system where I simply can put the files after editing.

Recently I switched to eclipse because of advanced features and my integrated Java development. But now my integrated ftp client is gone and I cannot figure out what the best way is to develop and deploy a website.

What are you using and how do you develop?

Would be very interested in your workflow.

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

I use quanta plus, it's text only, but it comes with a lot of advanced features, plugins and built in ftp. I do belive it's linux only though.

developing tends to start with me opening a simple template(to be styled later with css), then I start adding content. Once content is added I include one of 5 basic CSS files that I then edit to assign colours and futher layout etc. I then test it in opera, konqueror and firefox. If it looks ok then I upload it to a host and then test it again in various IEs.
    If you are using PHP please use the [PHP] and [/PHP] forum tags for highlighting...
    The same applies to HTML and the forums [HTML][/HTML] tags.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

I tried that one, but got an error on importing that sounds like "connection refused - no such repository"

*SOLVED*

Just had the wrong repository path set... ghhh
    Last edited by hasta84; 02-14-2008 at 11:33 PM.

I just knock up whatever in either jEdit or Netbeans and then transfer via fish:// in Konqueror.

Thread Information