www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photoshop - How to remove white background

Thumbs up

You might want to try 'refine edge' option.
    It works best for this purpose. Make your selection. Goto select\refine edge
    and make appropriate adjustments there.

resolved Best & quickest method

Use the Magic Wand tool to click in the white area. Then, go to Select - Inverse. Now Edit - Copy, then Edit - Paste. Thats it! If there are any patches of white inside the image that needed to be removed, just take the Magic Wand tool and select it, and hit the Delete key. Hope that helps everyone!

Remove White (and partially white) Filter!

Me and My buddy Mike made a simple filter that does just that,
    you can download it from my website:

yaelmaritz.com/extras_killWhite.html

this is especially useful if you want to clean up sketches you've done with pencils, since it removes all the "lightness" from the image, not just pure white pixels!

Open new file and apply dark color in background of that new file. Now drag the image of which you want to remove the background on the new file you have made. There erase the white background by using rubber. Dark background will help you to do this job perfectly...after erasing the white background you will found the dark background and as the background and your image are separate layers now so you can change the background color or make it transparent by just right clicking on the file and select background. Now you can easily apply affect just on the background.

Color Image

Hi!

I've been reading your suggestions on how to remove the white background, but I am still not certain of how this works with a color image. I am creating presentations in PowerPoint and the white boxes look exceptionally tacky. I am relatively familiar with Photoshop, but am by no means a wizard with the program. I would appreciate some further suggestions. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Eye for Video View Post
    Sound like lots of good ideas. After your selection is made and on its own layer, you might also play with the Layer / Matting / Defringe (or Remove Matting). This can help take off a little of the unwanted edge.
    The matting / defringe was a GREAT idea. Thanks for the post as that was the extra refinement that I needed to complete my transparent image.

Thread Information