dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Mail Problem :)

Mail Problem :)

i want users on my site to send any asp page by mail (page not its url) either as attatchment or as mail body, but not sure how I can do this. each page also has longin information in session that's why I cant send url nor I want to.

it may be financial report

HI,
    After reading your notes and posted replies, I want to clear one thing. We use ASP page to do some server side queries and to generate the dynamic content of the HTML. Sending an ASP page through an email will not solve any purpose (normally it happens on the sites who offer code samples). I think what you want is: Sending a financial report or any kind of report generated by an ASP page through an email. Is it what you want?
    --
    Vishal

YES.

HI,
    Can you give me the code you are working on with the details like which component you are using to send an email(CDONTS, ASPemail etc.).
    You can contact me on my email Click on my profile just below this post and send me the details.

-
    vishal

i'm using CDONTS, just give me some idea what could be possible, implementation is no problem.
    Last edited by aqeel; 01-07-2003 at 02:40 AM.

HI,
    You can do following things:
    1. The ASP which generates the report/Data file will generate a HTML file and will put it in a temp directory (Use file system objects for this).
    2. Now from the ASP from which you have to send the file as attachment, execute the first file (using server.execute command) and then Use CDONTS to send that generated HTML file as attachment. After the mail send code, delete the HTML file.

Hope it will work for you.

Thread Information