www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Web Conferencing / Webinar

Web Conferencing / Webinar

Hi,

My boss has asked about setting up a "Webinar" or web conferencing so that he can present slideshows to our sales team spread throughout the country (the US). I think he'd like it to be a two-way communication, I'm not really sure though - what's our options with that?

Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions on how to approach this?

Thanks for any input.

PS - we're on Windows machines if that makes any difference

We use Elluminate for all our video conferencing: http://www.elluminate.com.
    I've not tried any other products. We're running everything on Windows, also.

KDLA

Thanks KDLA.

If I understand correctly, the software (Elluminate) only needs to be installed on the hosting computer, and the other users just log on to a given URL to join the conference? The others don't need Elluminate (or any other web conferencing software) installed on their computer, do they?

Right. They are directed to a URL when the meeting request is set up. They have to use a PIN to enter into the call, then the conference occurs online.

that's perfect...

i'll look into Elluminate and see how it looks.

thanks again for the help.

With GoToMeeting do all the users have to have the program installed? What kind of learning curve is there in getting all the attendees up to speed on using the program?

There is very little learning curve. All attendees need the program installed, but it's a small, automatic download and installation. It's real easy for non techies to use it. They can simply watch and that's it, or the meeting "host" can hand over controls to someone else. It's essential if you do any sort of telecommuting or remote meeting. I really like it.

i've tried GoToMeeting before and it worked great but it got too expensive for me so i had to find something else that's lower in cost and i ran into 321meet which is free. and what's good is, there are no downloads needed, no installations needed and it's fast and effective. and you can add an unlimited number of people. so it's quite a handful.

you do not need professional solution. just install skype and add people for video conferencing. if you have more people then you can get paid services from skype
    video conferencing software

What I suggest is to have on premise web conferencing appliance installed such as RHUB, in order to give online presentations, conduct webinars etc.

Thread Information