www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: way to get traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by WebJoel
    ARRgh!! Avoid! These people buy-up expired or abandoned domains, take them over and fill them with thousands and thousands of indexable, non-sensical keywords ranging from medical science, movies, actors, nature, language, studies, college, sports, hobbies, computers, hardware, gardening, blogging, etc... nothing is sacrosanct. Not sentences, nothing is structured meaningful, these are just WORDS seperated by commas and a few 'Header tags' for good measure. Then, they privledge to insert 'paid member's URLs' randomly into the content. As an "inline link", this is of higher value to Googlebot etc., and a searcher that happens to be searching a 'word' or 'term' that is close to that site's placement of the URL for you, the visitor might get shown or taken (redirected) to your site.... a 'hit'. You MAY get "...thousand of Google hits per month" as one major offender claims, -but if you studied the analytics on how long the average 'stay' is, you would discover that it is "UNDER ONE MINUTE" meaning that these hapless people landed there by mistake, and they IMMEDIATELY backed-out, not interested in your site whatsoever. You don't want to waste your $30 or $40.oo that many list-brokers ask for, on this kind of 'traffic building' scheme. You want visitors whom are LOOKING for you/your site/your product, etc.

Avoid list brokers. They mostly scam.
    Thanks for that. I was wondering how they did that.

I once saw an ad (dozens of them actually) on Google for "blazing traffic" or somesuch. They only charged something like $15.00 for 10,000 hits, so I figured I would buy it to find out how they did it.

The traffic started coming, slowly at first and began to build - just as promised. I went into my analytics and it showed these hits coming from servers all over Russia. They stayed 0 seconds on the page and immediately left.

At first, I thought that a service like this might use popunders - which would be useless enough with Russians (most of whom do not speak English). But in a further analysis, these could not have been anything but bot-generated 'hits'.

So in effect, I had paid for a slow-rolling, building "DNS Attack" disguised as traffic.

I wrote these crooks a nasty letter demanding an immediate refund, and wrote PayPal the same letter. Within about 2 hours (really!) my money was refunded and this 'traffic' stopped.

There are several methods available to increase the traffic.
    You can increase by doing the article submission, directory submission, adding keywords etc.,
    Or you may get the SEO plans at http://www.thewebpole.com/ .
    This will help you to increase the page rank ..
    Last edited by franklinn; 01-18-2012 at 12:03 AM.

If you looking for a hug amount of traffic from search engiens there is only two way tot it.

Paid advertisement
    Organic Ranking

What is your budget ?
    Host1Plus.com - Free Cloud VPS Trial 14 Days
    Over 120 OS Templates - 24/7 Support Helpdesk

If you really want your product to reach targeted audience then I would advice you to go for SEO instead of doing PPC because SEO help in achieving long term goals. With SEO drive you can bring traffic to your website in a regular, natural and affordable manner on the other hand if you choose PPC then you have to pay huge amount.

Getting traffic is one of the most important tasks for any web master. What is more, you can't get traffic once and then just reap the benefits. Getting traffic is an ongoing task and you must be constantly doing it, if you want to get traffic and keep it

Go to social sites, join and participate in there. You can share your favorite links, opinions and more just be nice to people.

Hi,
    I have also been searching good technique for geting traffic on my website, I have tried many seo techniques, also i have used best keyword tool,Miami web master is best for me to my online marketing.
    thanks

You need to be search engine optimized. You will have to decide what keywords that you want to go after. You will then need to get a domain. It will be best if you can name your domain with the keyword that you are wanting to go after. Once you do this, promote your domain, and stop directly promoting your affiliate site.

Some useful tips to increase traffic:
    1.Use unique and fresh content.
    2.Built quality back link.
    3.Use high PR website to built link.

You have to ping your site in free ping sites like Pingomatic and Pingoat.

Submit your site in different social networking sites.

Tweet your site on Twitter.

Submit your site RSS feed in different RSS feed sites.

Submit your site in different high PR social bookmarking sites.

Use the link of your site in different good blog sites with quality content.

Put your site in different forum signatures.

Submit your site XML site map to Google.

Everyone wants the ranking of the site in top ten .If the traffic of your website increases then the ranking of your web site also increases.

web development tulsa and tulsa seo company

To get quick traffic you need to following things:
    1.Use fresh and unique content.
    2.Built quality back link.
    3.Post in high P.R website.
    4.Do forum comment,blog post,article submission,press release,social media,social bookmark.
    5.Update your content in regular basis.

There are a number of ways to increase the traffic. You should make sure that while increasing the traffic you don't hamper the bounce rate. You should have good content and nice looking website to hold that traffic and work on getting more and more quality back links from the high PR sites.

To get traffic you need to do following things:
    1.Use fresh and unique content.
    2.Update your website's content in regular basis.
    3.Do article submission,forum comments,blog post,social networking,social media etc.

The most important way to increase your traffic to your website then you have to do regular update on social networking websites as facebook,twitter etc.And do more effort to make your keywords on the top of the search results.

Thread Information