www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: HELP!!! using textbox data to over-write metadata

Exclamation HELP!!! using textbox data to over-write metadata

Hi all,

I need some help on this asap, preferably today. I have a text box set up in my CMS system that I want to use for product SEO, i.e meta data. My question is how do I get php to bring in the value of the text box as a html title?

I have a box called Meta Title. When there is text in this box I want to be able to have it over-write the html title of the page.

Someone help!

*rubs magic ball*

A little more information, maybe even some example code may help here.
    Quote Originally Posted by temp.user123
    You know... You're not so smart. Do you need me to educate you?
    If you say, "please," (and do so, nicely) then I will show you where you're dead wrong.

Exclamation

Ok, So I have a CMS system which our company uses. In the VCP (Virtual control panel) I have set some extended fields at a product level to input metadata for each product. I want to be able to bring out the information I input into these boxes into the metadata of the page. i.e Page Title, Keywords and Description.

PHP Code:
    <? $theTitle=<venda_pdxtmetatitle>(" - "false); if($theTitle "") { ?> <title><?php echo <venda_pdxtmetatitle>("",false); ?></title> <? } else{ ?> <title><?php <venda_invtname>; ?></title> <? ?>
    This is a code I have been trying. Our system uses specific unique codes to access certain boxes so the first extended field I have set up is the <venda_pdxtmetatitle> which would relate to the Meta Title extended field text box at the product level and the <venda_invtname> is the Inventory Name if no data in the <venda_pdxtmetatitle> is entered.

Does this make more sense?

Thread Information