dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: poster or started image for flv

poster or started image for flv

Hello,

I add a flv to my site through dreamweaver... my question, is there a way to have a poster or started image and not just a black box to start the video?

Yes you can have an image display while the file loads. How you do it will depend a little on the image you want. Do you want to display a frame from the movie, so depending on the title selected, a different iamge displays, or would you just like a generic image, like "Welcome to our video Library....blah..blah..(along with a background image).
    You could probably try to use CSS to position a <div> in the same space as the player, but the best way would be to display the image in the player itself. In that case you would need access to the Flash .fla and use a movie clip (or even a bitmap) to hold an image in the same space as the video, but one layer below. If my memory serves me correctly, the player will display the first frame of the video as the file buffers, then play the file.
    Can you edit the player?

hello..

No, I don't have the fla.. could I just import the flv into a new fla and do as you said?

The image (black box or other image) is a part of the video player itself. Do you have Flash so you can edit the player or create a new one? Do you want a generic message or the first frame of the movie? Are there a number of videos to choose from?
    Here is an example of a player which opens to reveal a generic message, then when a title is selected, the first frame of the video shows while the file begins to download.
    http://www.lynnjohnson.citradingcard...eo_player.html
    This that action something along the lines of what you are trying to accomplish?

You can try Moyea flash video MX .
    "It can convert video to Flash by creating a Flash Video player (SWF file) for the generated FLV file. It also provides various playback skins with different styles for the SWF file, and automatically creates an HTML page to display the SWF file. With Flash Video MX, you can add special effects, movie beginning and movie end, edit frame rate and audio effect, add multi-functional control bars to the generated Flash files, and even replace the original audio with your favorite music in the output Flash. "
    You can search "flash video mx" on google.com for more info.

Thread Information