www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Database blueprint, please advise.

Database blueprint, please advise.

As you can guess, I am new to database programming and desperately need advise. I have three tables, "Account", "Admin" and "Report". Table "Account" will be used to store the customers information at the time of sign-up. "Admin" will be used to store information of the few chosen admins that will have access to the information stored in "Report" via a web page. "Report" table will be used to save the reports that will be submitted by users. I am wanting to give user (submitting the report) the option to remain anonymous and was thinking, instead of having a unique user_id, maybe I should just have report_ids and the "Report" table will be used to store information about the user if they chose to provide it otherwise the report_id will be used to reference the report and anything else submitted by users (this model is what I am using right now). Users will also pick a password to access their account, and then that "account" will become their "report id" therefore accessing only one report at a time, hence the user may have several "accounts" if more than one report is submitted.

If this is confusing please let me know so I can better explain, and please feel free to advise ANY change necessary to make this blueprint better and more efficient for future use. I am in the very beginning state and would appreciate any feedback, especially on how to go about linking the tables, make what primary, etc...

View Database Blueprint

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information