dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: recommendation

recommendation

One of my clients is interested in adding a blog or forum to their website. The current server environment supports asp.net, AJAX, legacy asp and of course html, etc. Most of the popular ones (and the ones I've worked with) are for PHP --- does anyone have a suggestion of a blog or forum that would work in this environment? Basic interaction is all that's needed; important features need to be:
    • it is easily manipulated to look like the existing website
    • it is extremely user-friendly for both participants and admins with basic to intermediate web skills.

KDLA

I did a quick search on Google and found this. Also, there is a small review of it here. Being a PHP guy I have never tried that, but the review makes it sound nice. It's worth a shot I guess.

As for a forum, this came up as one of the first results on Google. It's open source, which is always a plus.

Does that help?

Yes, that's a start. The web host recommended DotNuke, but that's way too large & complex an application for what this client needs (and what I want to fool with for little to no money).

If anyone has personal experience with one of these products or has any other suggestions, please reply.

KDLA

Thread Information