www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What programs to develop logos like these?

What programs to develop logos like these?

Hello all!

So I'm beginning to understand more and more of html & css and it's time to actually put up some real layout. In school me and a friend of mine have a project and I'm going to develop the homepage of it.
    The text & name is all good to go but we both feel like we would want to have a logotype to distinguish our project (which is a company btw.) even more.
    I've been watching several homepages and found many different logotypes...Im starting to get long-drawn now so to make it short:

Which programs are used to develop the following logos?
    Logotypes

I have photoshop & illustrator cs2. I suppose it's very much possible to develop such logos in illustrator for example. If it really is, can someone write me a short guide of how to do it(nothing too advanced, just how to use the techniques) or perhaps someone of you know a good site where things like these are discussed alot and where tutorials are?
    I would appreciate it very much.

The secret is to use a tablet, rather than mouse. You can control drawing so much easier that way.

A Possible Solution...

You might want to look into using Inkscape inkscape.org (or a similar vector graphics program.) Try drawing the design out on paper, then setting your diagram as a background image, create your logo. If you want the photo-realistic look, try using Blender blender.org (or as similar 3-D graphics program) to create stunning images. A Google search should turn up lots of results for "3D Logo Design Tutorials."

Hope this helps
    ~David

Thanks for the help both of you

@KDLA: Thanks for the information though I'm awful when it comes to drawing on a paper by hand and perhaps this logo-creating just isn't for me right now (would need loads of practise)

@David: Thanks for the links/programs, they look really useful and I will defenitely look them up.

A word of caution...

Blender is a great tool... and it is even open source! However it can be INCREDIBLY!!! difficult to learn. After thinking a little bit more, I suggest that you just stick with Inkscape if you only want logos like the ones you linked to above.

Hope this helps
    ~David

Okey David, thanks again! I'll stick with Incscape

Logos are created in vector graphics software like illustrator, coreldraw etc so that they can be scaled to any size. You've mentioned that you already have illustrator, so you definitely do not need inkscape. Illustrator can have a somewhat steep learning curve, but its well worth the effort.

Yes... However...

Yes I agree that if you have a full license of tools such as Illustrator, and are already proficient with them, that you do not need to learn Inkscape.

However, if you do not already know these tools or do not have licenses (commercial for professional work) for all of your machines, I would highly recommend Inkscape due to its many features and non-existent price tag... Inkscape is open source

To conclude, yes you can use Illustrator to create great vector graphics like those, Inkscape is a free program that can do the same thing, and if you want the photo-realistic effect use Blender... or Maya for you big spenders

Hope this helps!

~David

Interesting Site for Logo Inspiration...

A quick search yielded this site with many professional logos...

LogoSauce
    http://www.logosauce.com/

Looks like a great site for inspiration!

~David

Thanks for the input =) I think I'll be using Illustrator then. I'm more familiar with it /the Adobe serie. And thanks for the site, I'll really need some inspiration. It's abit difficult yet it looks so easy to come up with a good idea. I'm really a fan of simple logos, so little drawing, yet it gives so many impressions hehe.

-Simplicity is the best really ^^

http://logopond.com is another good resource for inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by jbladeus
    Logos are created in vector graphics software like illustrator, coreldraw etc so that they can be scaled to any size. You've mentioned that you already have illustrator, so you definitely do not need inkscape. Illustrator can have a somewhat steep learning curve, but its well worth the effort.
    That's what I've generally used... Illustrator to be specific.
    I prefer Illustrator to working with vectored stuff in Photoshop. Some people will use Photoshop's vector tools so much they could very easily toss Illustrator out the window.

But yeah... definitely AI. Never used anything else... don't really see the need, although I'd love to get some of the add-ons, plug-ins, what have you, that give you a little more "effects" and filters you would see more with raster based graphics.

Thread Information